UBU Council & Democratically elected leaders
UBU is the University of Bradford's Students' Union — the organisation that represents & supports students. It's a student-led organisation, with a leadership team elected annually from the student body. Every student has a stake in the Students' Union, and we welcome you to get involved in our decision-making process, and to be part of the services and opportunities we provide!
These are campaigning roles as well as being representative.
- Some of them are in our Council, which decides on our campaigning. They are elected at the start of the year, except the 4 full-time sabbaticals who are elected at the end of the preceding year.
- Some look after sports clubs and activity groups (societies). They are elected within those clubs.
- Some are based at course or faculty level, and form the link between students and academics — these are known as "Student Representatives" and are led by "Faculty Representatives". They are elected in the class at the start of its session.
Our official mission is to:
- inspire and nurture each student
- maximise their potential
- enrich their journey
- sustain our future
And our official objectives, as a charity, are the advancement of education of students at the University, for the public benefit, by:
- promoting the general interests and welfare of students during their course of study at the University
- being a recognised and representative channel of communication between students, the University and other bodies
- providing for the cultural, recreational, sporting, and social development of students
- providing such facilities as are appropriate and desirable to achieve the above.