The Safe Spot campaign, is a partnership between the University, Bradford College, City Centre Beat and businesses around Bradford that pledge to support students with a safe space in their time of need.
The Student Safe Spot scheme was established in 2009 to aid students in seeking refuge from approved public bodies and businesses when experiencing a distressing situation. This campaign is run by the union in partnership with City Centre Beat and Bradford Police.
Previous Activities undertaken by the Safe Spot Scheme included:
- Wellbeing Week 2015 – Information stand for students and staff
- Zero Tolerance to Harassment Day of Action – Reclaim the Streets, an annual campaign that holds a thunderclap event and March from Richmond to the City Centre with a focus on the liberation of women
- SWAG Week – Sexual, Wellbeing and Guidance Week circulated safe spot maps
- West Yorkshire Police Day of Action – Community day of action with university student union representatives highlighting safety and wellbeing concerns
- Safe Spot of the Year Awards – Awards for partners with exceptional engagement and delivery of campaign
- UBU App – Incident reporting section
To report incidences, highlight queries, suggest ideas and be involved please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or visit the Students' Union.
Safe Spot Map
Click the map image to download the latest version.
Safe Spot Newsletter
Click the image to download it!
Student Safespot Guidance to Businesses with Branados campaign
Click here to download
Incident Reporting Form
Click here to report an incident.