Wednesday 02-12-2020 - 11:51
If you are planning to travel overseas, some countries or airlines may require you to have a negative PCR test certificate. If you don’t have symptoms of COVID and you have not had a positive LTF test, then you will not be able to obtain a PCR test from the NHS. You will need to obtain a private test and there is usually a charge for this.
The University has negotiated with Medicspot for you to obtain a PCR test directly from them at a discounted price. Here’s how it works:
Buying your Covid test
- Go to https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/bradforduniversity for a £30 discount. This is automatically applied at checkout for the Priority Courier product when you use your @bradford.ac.uk email address.
- The discount can be used for multiple tests per order
- The final cost will be £119 per test
Using your Covid test
- Check with your airline when you need to take your covid test prior to flying
- Conduct the test, carefully following the instructions in the box at the correct time prior to your flight
Sending back your Covid test
- Faster option - For next day test results by 11pm, drop the completed test off before 2pm at Midnight Pharmacy, 354 Great Horton Rd, Bradford, BD7 1QJ or another Medicspot test hub
- Slower option - Alternatively you can use the pre-paid Royal Mail Priority label included in the package and drop off in a Priority Postbox - you will receive your test results 24 hours after our lab receives your test
Receiving your Results
- Medicspot will email you your results and fit to fly certificates within the timeframes stated above
Please note that other providers of PCR tests are available should you wish to source one yourself.